Updated Children’s Vedic Course Camp
August 1 @ 3:00 pm - August 7 @ 1:00 pm
*** MESSAGE UPDATED 5/28/21 – CDC guidance for summer camps has changed on 5/28/21. Now all three summer camps will be open for vaccinated children due to the CDC guidance***
First and foremost, we hope that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy. We have received questions from parents about if and how COVID-19 will affect Arsha Vidya Gurukulam’s children’s summer camps. We know this pandemic has been stressful to many and recognize that socializing and interacting with peers can be a healthy way for children to cope with stress and connect with others, particularly after spending quite a bit of time at home.
The CDC has changed its guidelines on 5/28/2021 and accordingly, we are excited to let you know that we plan to resume all three summer family camps for vaccinated children ages 12-18 while following CDC considerations to protect campers, families, and our community.
Please register for the camp at https://form.jotform.com/
- We will be operating three summer camps –
- Family Camp 1 (children must attend with parents/guardians) – 7/24 – 7/31
- Family Camp 2 & Children’s Course 2 (unaccompanied by parents) – 8/1 – 8/7 – *Children can either attend this camp with or without parents*
- Family Camp 3 (children must attend with parents/guardians) – 8/8 – 8/14
- During the second camp, children can attend the camp with or without adults (unaccompanied). Hence, parents are not required to attend
- With regard to Family Camps 1 & 3, we cannot accommodate unaccompanied campers due to staffing limitations. A guardian must stay on campus throughout the entirety of camps 1 & 3.
- Campers (ages 12-18) must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks prior to arriving at AVG. We are aware that currently, vaccinations are available for ages 16+, but we expect that vaccinations will open up for adolescents (12-15) very soonCOVID-19 vaccination records will be requested upon arrival.
We ask that you help us protect the health of campers this summer. Anyone who is sick or was sick with COVID-19 or recently in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days— including staff, campers, and families— should not come to camp. Be on the lookout for symptoms of COVID-19, which include fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, and loss of taste or smell. Call your doctor if you think you or a family member is sick.
If you have a specific question about this plan or COVID-19, please contact Shivam Gosai at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. You can also find more information on the CDC’s website for youth and summer camps.
We look forward to seeing you.
Thank you and stay healthy,
Shivam Gosai & Suddhatma Chaitanya
2021 AVG Camp Administrators
Calendar powered by The Events Calendar